Solve problems creatively
Our Master of Science in Human-Computer Interaction Design (HCI/d) is really a unique graduate experience that produces design experts who will shape the way forward for design. It’s a rigorous two-year program that teaches students to shape new media, interactive tools, artifacts, and systems with techniques that:
- Lead engaging user encounters
- Serve the necessity of stakeholders
- Facilitate communication
- Enrich the lives of those with them
You’ll complete your degree having a two-semester capstone project, in which you goes in-depth on the design problem of your liking.
This career goal theme is perfect for students who wish to professionally design interfaces, interactive applications, social networks, and e-books.
This career goal is perfect for students who wish to:
- Participate in observations, interviews, surveys, and co-design activities (among other pursuits)
- Develop empathy with design stakeholders
- Advocate for stakeholders within organizations
- Produce reports whose outcomes have impacts on design decisions
This career goal theme is perfect for students who wish to:
- Start their very own design consultancies
- Achieve executive level positions and influence in design firms or any other firms using digital technologies
- Pioneer systemic design innovations for social good
Academic scholarship & creative activity
This career goal theme is perfect for students who’re thinking about a job in academia like a professor or investigator.
IU’s HCI/d program was the very first within the U . s . States to highlight design being an equal partner to HCI.
Primary Track Faculty
Affiliate Professor of Informatics (Intelligent Interactive Systems IIS, Computer, Culture, and Society CCS, Human-Robot Interaction HRI)
Professor of Informatics (HCI/d, Design Theory, Experience Design)